Looking for a peppy dip to take to your next neighborhood get-together? Spice up your parties with this copy cat of my favorite locally made dip!
There’s a company here in Lafayette that makes the BEST dips, hummus, and salsas, and I consistently buy them but sometimes I want a larger amount than comes in their containers (without spending an arm and a leg). After eating it many many times I decided to try my hand at making my own variation! The cheese and peppers blend together seamlessly, and it has just enough spice to please the spicy lovers but not scare away the milder crowd. I will say that mine doesn’t taste EXACTLY like the packaged stuff, but I got zero complaints from my taste-testers.
Smoked gouda cheese is one of my favorites, but you might have to look in the specialty cheese section of your grocery store to find it! You’ll want to buy a block and shred it yourself for the best tasting dip. ♥
- 3 cups smoked gouda shredded
- 1 roasted red pepper jarred
- 2 Tbsp green chiles
- 1 Tbsp red onion diced
- 1/2 tsp minced garlic
- 4-5 slices jarred jalapenos
- 1 tsp fresh dill reduce to 1/2 tsp if using dried
- 1 1/3 cups mayonnaise
- In a food processor, blend together red pepper, green chiles, garlic, onion, jalapenos, and dill until smooth. ***If you don't have a food processor you can use a blender for this step, and then mix the cheese and mayo in by hand - ie. skip the next two steps and jump to step 4.
- Add 2 cups of the cheese to the pepper mixture in the food processor and pulse until well blended.
- Add in the mayo and pulse until the color is consistent.
- Remove to a bowl and stir in the remaining cup of cheese. Refrigerate at least two hours, preferably overnight before serving.
Roasted red peppers come in a jar - the jar I have, I was able to get a whole pepper out, but if yours are in pieces just grab a few until it looks equal to a whole pepper.